- Arshad, R., Wrigley, T. and Pratt, L. (eds) (2012) Social justice re-examined: Dilemmas and solutions for the classroom teacher. Stoke-on-Trent: Trentham Books.
- Black-Hawkins, K., Florian, L. and Rouse, M. (2007) Achievement and inclusion in schools. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Booth, T. and Ainscow, M. (2011) Index for Inclusion: Developing learning and participation in schools. Bristol: CSIE.
- Hart, S., Dixon, A., Drummond, M.J. and Mcintyre, D. (2004) Learning without limits. Maidenhead: Open University Press.
- Rose, R (ed) (2010) Confronting obstacles to inclusion: International responses to developing inclusive education. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Swann, M., Peacock, A., Hart, S., and Drummond, M.J. (2012) Creating learning without limits. Maidenhead: Open University Press.
- Scottish Executive (2004) A Curriculum for Excellence: The Curriculum Review Group. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.
- Scottish Government (2008) The Early Years Framework. Edinburgh: Scottish Government.
- Scottish Government (2010) Supporting Children's Learning: Code of Practice (revised edition) Edinburgh: Scottish Government.
- Scottish Government (2012) A Guide to Getting it Right for Every Child. Edinburgh: Scottish Government.
- United Nations (1989) Convention on the Rights of the Child. Geneva: United Nations.