The Framework for Inclusion has been designed to ensure that all students and teachers are appropriately guided and supported from the outset and throughout their careers towards gaining the required knowledge and understanding of inclusive education.
The Scottish Government, through the Scottish Teacher Education Committee (STEC), set up a Working Group to develop the Framework for Inclusion.
Who is the Framework for?
- Teacher educators designing ITE programmes
- Student teachers
- Teachers following advanced professional studies
What does the Framework include?
- values and beliefs for Inclusion
- professional knowledge and understanding for Inclusion
- skills and abilities for Inclusion